Search This Blog

Monday 6 June 2011

June 6, 2011

On Friday my good buddy Pete and I, not that kind of buddy, set out on another diligent excursion.  We decided to do the same run that we did on Thursday only backwards, yes that is right we ran backwards.  You really thought we ran backwards?  We headed north on the loop, instead of the usual southern direction, since our flock had already dropped back down to "just the two of us."  Make sure you go back and sing that part like Will Smith, "Just the two of us, you and I." 

Anyways we headed off, it was a beautiful run, we were both feeling good, enjoying our nice slow pace.  If we were running with my Grandma she would have kept telling us to hurry, that is the kind of pace we set.  As we came to the end of the run, which consequently is up some wonderful stairs, we pushed it hard.  As we were coming up the stairs we noticed Sea Bass waiting for us at the Diner.  He was mad about salt or something.  Apparently on Thursday he thought we were still running at 6:00, but alas we had changed our running time to 6:30 starting on Wednesday, something about my wife wanting some bowflex time or something. 

Sea Bass was wanting to run still, and insisted that he run us back to our houses.  It was very chivalrous, but Peter and I usually walk the rest of the way because we get tired easily.  After resting for a minute, we started off running home.  Just around the river bend, we ran up a hill, turned, ran past the old Adam Robertson Elementary School, and up another hill.  Oddly enough, that little one minute break had left both Peter and I with much more energy and we were able to push it all the way home.  My house came up first, I was expecting a good bye kiss, but the two gallant knights just ran past saying "Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night."  Editors note:  I did not actually want a kiss, yes Sea Bass is Santa Claus.

On Saturday it was once again choose your own adventure day.  I chose running at 11:00 am in the heat of the day because that is just how stupid hardcore I am.  I ran hard in the heat, and pushed myself.  I actually went quite far, quite quickly.  I then started to tire out and I decided that I would implement my stop and walk for a minute.  I walked for a little while, and once again pushed hard for an extended length of time.  Editors note:  Every once in a while I will do Editor's notes, as I am the editor of this blog, as well as the CEO, CFO, COO, TKO, etc.  If you want to get more from your run, midway through your run rest for a minute or two.  You will find that when you begin again you will have gained your second wind and be able to push it much longer than previously.  Thus you will get better results and be able to look like me.  On second thought.........

After my Saturday run I decided to do my kangaroo jumping exercise.  I did three strong sets last Saturday, and decided to try for three once again.  I started and made it through one set.  I started and didn't make it through a second set.  It was bitter sweet, as I had ran much harder that day, thus I was mucho tiredo.  Don't be alarmed that I speak German.  Yes, I know it is not German.  I think I will add the Kangaroo jumping exercise to my regular routine, so that I can finish 3 sets each time.  I will have mad hops like Bugs Bunny.

On Monday morning, which consequently was this morning, funny how that works, I headed out with a goal of putting together the longest sentence I could without ever stopping, while trying to make it intriguing and gripping to read, while you thought to yourself, "This guy just drones on and on with his run-on sentences.  Ya my sentences run everyday just like me.  Boom, I just dropped the beat there.

Anyways I met up with Peter and we went for a run.  Sea Bass wasn't at the meeting place, so we headed out down his hill to find him.  If you join our flock, we will not leave you alone.  We ran down his hill and headed into his house.  Peter grabbed Sea Bass up and spit in his breakfast, we then headed off on our own.  We may not have actually gone to Sea Bass' house.  We may have only headed down the monster hill on Cook Street, which wasn't too bad until we came back up. 

When we finally came back up Mt Olympus we decided a walk of composure would be best for us.  My number one running rule is, everyone together " Staying composed is the most important aspect of being a top notch runner."  I will have to do a special blog about my useless and stupid helpful and  very inspiring running tips.  After making sure we were composed, we ran once again for a little while.  This whole stopping when we are tired and worn out in order to run again, is really helping us to get more from our run.  I know what you are thinking " wouldn't it benefit you more if you just ran the whole way without stopping?"  No, it wouldn't you pompous hypocrite beautiful person.

I seem to drone on forever.  I did a drive to 13 last blog, I now have 5 followers.  I only gained two new followers of my blog.  The Winnipeg hockey team got 13,000 season ticket holders in two days.  I don't want to call you on it, but it isn't that hard to follow a blog.    But what will you get from following my blog?  Pure satisfaction in life, wow that is a good gift. 

Here are some instructions:  Click the follow button in the top right corner of my blog, yes that follow button.  Enter your information, hooray you did it.  You may now sing the Dora song:  " You did it, you did it, you did it hooray!"

Captain Awkward Statement:  "Did you just touch my butt?"  " I am in another country sir."

No comments: