Search This Blog

Thursday 16 June 2011

June 16, 2011

I might be changing up my blog a little bit.  It is starting to become the same old regurgitated garbage.  I don't know if I will be changing it to once a week, or if I will be doing blogs based upon running adversity or some other lame thing.  One thing I can promise you is that it will be a better blog on a go forward basis.  Anyways on to todays bemoaning:

Tuesday morning I strolled up my hill.  I was like Maria from the Sound of Music singing the song about my favourite things, and then I don't feellllllll sooooooooo badddddddddddd.  I met up with Peter at the 'you know what.'  He was once again wearing his lovely green hoody.  It sure goes well with the eyeliner he uses.  We thought about where we should go.  Vern was away for the morning so it was just Master P and I, like two sparrows in a hurricane, trying to find our way ( he also does country songs).  We decided to go on a route we had never imagined possible.  Strike that, I had tried to get us to go that way before, but Peter wanted nothing to do with it.  Today he was up for change, he was ready to become a legend........

Drop the beat Master P:

Let's go for a run
We will have immense fun
If you run too fast
I will cut and mow your grass

I interjected:

I already mowed my lawn
Your rhymes make me yawn
I can run just like Superman
and beat you at kick the can

We headed off.  We ran past Overwaitea.  Did you know that they are BC's very own food people?  Just a little fun fact.  We ran past Overwaitea, thus bringing on the lame, but standard jokes.  " You sure look like you're Over Weighty, haha haha haha, hardy har har."  Shut up Peter.  Actually Peter is way too nice of a young man to say something like that.  After we ran past Overwaitea, we headed West on Devon Street, which may or may not actually be a street name in Creston.  We then plodded down the beautiful street, prompting Peter to say "this is such a beautiful run, we should do this more often."  I followed with a mature " I told you so sumo man  ketchup man."  Apparently I just decided that Peter enjoys ketchup.  It may or may not be true, so you might want to actually ask Peter about it.

On Wednesday Vern came back, kind of like the Cat in the Hat comes back, except for Vern doesn't have a cool hat.  Maybe he has some funky stripe socks?  We did our run past the beautiful trailer courts with the view.  I may not be 100% on this, but I assume that the name of the park is "Hollywood", or possibly " Trailer park with a view."  I used to live in a trailer park until I tricked sold it to my brother.  There is nothing wrong with that lifestyle.  No, I didn't actually trick my brother into buying it.  He is a smart fellow, or so my mom tells me so.  Near the end of our Wednesday run, a man in a truck pulled over to talk to us.  He couldn't believe there were still people that were mentally insane jogging around town.  We invited us to join him.  See, that line doesn't even make sense.  We invited him to join the flock.  He said yes.  The revolution continues.  The red army and communism will reign supreme.  Welcome to Mother Russia the flock. 



On Thursday morning there he was, waiting for us.  The newest member of the flock.  He is actually a good friend of mine.  It is not like some creepy guy who works on computers all day and has a twin brother decided to just up and join us.  Wait a minute.....  He brought his Iphone with him so that he could track how far we went, how long it took us, our route, the best places to stop and pee on peoples lawns.  You know, just the basics.  I had slept well the night before and had energy.  It is amazing what happens when your children don't get up in the middle of the night.  We carried a solid pace for the run and went hard.  We ran farther than we usually do.  Our new guy wasn't as conditioned as us, or at least we made it look that way.  We couldn't be shown up by a new guy.  Towards the end Vern once again took off like a sabre tooth tiger.  It was odd that he had those fake vampire fangs in for the run, but we try to include everyone regardless of how they present themselves.  In total I really actually ran about 5 km.  Which I should tell you that I ran about 10 km.  I've got to keep up appearances.

When I got home I put on my birthday suit and weighed myself.  I was now a balmy 220.6 pounds.   Which means I have lost more weight.  It was very rewarding, but right now I sure want some type of fatty and delicious snackeroo.  No, I don't want a dunkeroo, but I do remember those as being delicious back in the day.

Captain somewhat creepy and definitely awkward statement:  " I like big spuds and I cannot lie."  It's true big potatoes are delicious.

No comments: