Search This Blog

Monday 13 June 2011

June 13, 2011

On Friday morning I jubilantly headed out towards the great  ice sculpture fortress.  No, I was not going there to meet Superman.  I am Superman............ Cue the awesome superman music.  Sing it in your head.  What, you think you are a poor singer?  There aren't any words to the song.  That is a poor excuse to not sing the song.  Fine then here it is:

On my way to the ice sculpture I ran into the Green Arrow.  I then flew him the rest of the way to the ice fortress.  Green Arrow was wearing some weird mask, which is weird since we were jogging.  No one was going to recognize him, but he sure looked like an idiot with a green mask and a quiver.  Is he one of Robin Hood's Merry men?  I started to feel uncomfortable running with this guy so I headed out to find the Flash.  The Flash was just hanging out waiting for us, that is what he does, he just hangs out.  As we came upon the midnight clear Flash joined rank and took off, consequently, like a Flash.  I may not be 100% sure but I think that is where he gets his name from.  We went for a somewhat short run around 3 km.  At the end we ran up a steep hill.  I made sure that I pushed it for the whole run, and especially towards the end, up the hill.  The Flash of course didn't tire, Green Arrow was having trouble with his mask, while his quiver gave him some type of inappropriate rash.  Being Superman, I am just not used to this whole running thing.  As I came up the hill I started flying, while making it look like I was running.  It is one of the oldest tricks in the book, but it works.

On Saturday it was choose your own adventure day.  This time I chose to go golfing at a par 3 golf course I pretend to frequent.  I got up at 6:30 am and went to golf with my dad and my brother.  We played two rounds of 5 holes, which is a total of 10 holes.  If you are having trouble with that math, use your fingers and count them up.  This of course only works if you have the proper amount of appendages.  I apologize if you are lacking in the appendage department.  After golf, which I won both rounds, I had to help get ready for my daughters birthday party.  It doesn't matter what my score was, you don't want to know.  The birthday party was exciting with great gifts like Ariel dresses, barbies, tinkerbell birthday cards that sing and light up.  And these are only the presents I received.  It was a great party and I didn't eat any cake.  Ya I know what you are thinking ' But you're wife makes cakes for a living and they are delicious and, and, and....'  To to today Junior.  It is actually pretty big that I didn't eat the cake, it took some great will power, but that is what Superman does after he wins two rounds of Par 3 golf.

On Monday I headed up to the Spirits in the sky.  After meeting up with the runner formerly known as Peter, I kept right on through to meet up with the runner currently known as Vern.  We went on the old run around Centennial park, we stopped and played in the splash park, it was pretty much like the commercial with the sumo wrestlers washing the cars.  If you are bothered by Sumo Wrestlers washing cars then there is nothing wrong with you.  You aren't crazy no matter what your doctor says.

This is why no one else runs with us.  We finished the centennial loop and actually went a little farther.  Peter and Vern started to stumble.  The sweat started pouring off their faces.  They couldn't go any further, they were losing the battle against the evil decepticons of fatigue.  That is when I took the lead and the music rang out of the lilac bushes.

I vanquished the fatigue decepticons and saved my running partners from the dreaded beast of despair.  Justice had been served. 

What will tomorrow bring in the quest for justice and the search for heroes?  That's a question you should ask yourself You-a-tron. 

Tune in Thursday night for some random ramblings with no rhyme or reason.  Or will there be rhymes?

No comments: