Search This Blog

Thursday 2 June 2011

June 2, 2011

On Tuesday morning I headed out to meet up with my buddy Harry Dunne.  I wanted him to be Lloyd Christmas, but he is definitely more of a Harry Dunne kind of guy, which of course makes me Lloyd Christmas.   Anyways Harry must have left earlier in the morning than I, as he met me on my side of the "special meeting place."  That sounds so wrong.  Note to self ,do not refer to our meeting place as the "special meeting place."  Harry was sporting a grey sweater, he used to wear a green one that really complimented his eyes.  I wonder why he switched? 

We headed off into the sunrise to meet up with our new flock.  Lo and behold, there was only one of our new guys.  That's right someone already dropped off after one day.  Something about being too early in the morning for a run.  Ya, I know what you are thinking " what a daffodil?"  I don't know why you think he is a daffodil, but that is what you are thinking.  You are so weird. 

We headed off with Sea Bass on a rather long run towards our destiny.  Harry and I held our own fairly well, inciting a beautiful melody of Mocking Bird. 



This is what it is like to actually run with us.  All I can say is that Harry can really belt out a tune.   Sea Bass grew tired of the Harry & Lloyd musical special and left us in his dust.  For some reason once again towards the end of the run, I just didn't have the juice to finish off strong.  As Sea Bass ran off into the distance Harry and I hopped like bunny rabbits back home.  If you want a hardcore workout, hop like a bunny rabbit instead of running.  You are guaranteed to look like a fool while losing weight.  It's a win win for everyone.

The rest of the day I was sick, which finally turned on my dimly lit light bulb.  That is why I hadn't had the energy this week, I was getting sick.  Darn you luscious lilac bushes (something needs to be blamed, and they are so beautiful, who would suspect them).  I was coughing all afternoon, my muscles were getting tired, I was achy.  Would I get up the next day?  

Would I really get up the next day for a run?

Would I, what would you do, well what would you do?

How much longer are you going to have to read down to find out the answer.

Cue the Law and Order music.

Wednesday morning I got up for my run.  I was definitely lacking in the energy department, but I was going to give it my all anyways.  I ran up my hill, no I jogged up my hill.  I actually did the "jogging but going slower than walking" up my hill.  My leg muscles were dead tired, but I went on.  I met up with Harry, it looked as though he cut his hair with a bowl, or maybe that's me, no offense Brittney.  We went on by ourselves.  That is right, we are so hardcore, that people in better shape than us had already stopped coming after only one and two days respectively, we are the energizer bunny.   To be honest, I think our two temporary running buddies thought our pace was too slow.  We ran quite a ways until I huffed to Harry " I'm not going to make it much farther buddy."  Harry said " Grow some balls you can do it Lloyd, just a little further up this mountain."  I don't know why he was calling me Lloyd today. 

At the end Harry said "that was a really pathetic run today you cod fish if you are sick tomorrow let me know, as I don't want to go on another short run tomorrow, today was a waste of my time."  I didn't last very long on Wednesday.  I was actually pretty sick, and I stayed home from work because I was that sick.  It was a small victory just to get up in the morning.  Fast forward to Thursday:

Thursday morning I decided to actually walk up my hill so that I would have more energy to run, and I was still getting over the black lung, cough.  I was feeling better so I was able to do a full run with old reliable Harry.  We went somewhere we had never been before, no it wasn't A&W.  That is one nice thing about running in the beautiful Creston valley, all of the drop dead gorgeous scenery, oddly enough I am talking about the flowers and trees.  We pushed our pace nice and slow, because "this is how we do it baby."  I think that is from a Backstreet Boys song.  Ya we are that cool.  No, I am not balding yet.  Yes I have blue eyes, why do you ask?

Thursday I was no Captain Hook. 

We have changed our running time to 6:30 am, as I have not caught on with working out on the bow flex quite yet.  I am not a weight kind of guy.  Brittney is thinking right now " why did you trade our nice shed for that stupid bow flex machine."  In which I reply "Forget about it."  Read it again and say it with an Italian accent.  A greasy Italian accent, maybe kind of like Joey from friends. 

If you are from Canada you would have heard that the NHL is moving a team back to Winnipeg.  They bought the Atlanta Thrashers and are moving them to Winnipeg.  Anyways with this they are having a drive to 13.  Which is a drive to sell 13,000 season ticket packages before June 21.  I am implementing my own drive to 13.  It is a drive to have 13 followers of my blog, the best part is that it is free.  If you don't already follow my blog, than I don't really know how you are reading this right now, but you should.


Captain Awkward statement:  "Just when I thought you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this... and totally redeem yourself!"

Go Canucks GO, 3 more wins for the Stanley cup baby!

No comments: