Search This Blog

Friday 27 May 2011

May 27, 2011

On Wednesday morning, being the 25th of May, I headed out in the rain.  It was a slight drizzle, but was not too bad at all.  I met up with my sidekick at our secret hideout.  Don't ask where it is, I will not tell you.  Seriously, I will not tell you where it is we meet up, so don't bother asking.  I was a little slow in heading out the door, sometimes it just takes a little longer to put on my eyeliner before my run.  Peter and I headed up Hillside, and then just randomly ran past the Rec Centre, and then went down Alder Street, then Murdoch Street.  We had no real sense of purpose.  We ran nonetheless like desperado's, why didn't we come to our senses?  There were some hills here and there that we had to deal with, but nothing we couldn't handle.  Luckily for me I did not have to carry Peter anywhere.

On Thursday morning, the 26th of May, I lay in bed as my alarm went off.  That is usually how it works, the alarm goes off while you are sleeping, and rudely interrupts the beautiful slumber that has encapsulated you.  I could hear the rain pounding hard and the wind bellowing across the valley.  My first thought was that it was raining to hard to run, but then I got up.......... cue Superman music............  I put on my filthy running clothes that I pretty much wear everyday, put on a baby blue hoody and headed outside.  It actually wasn't raining that bad, but it was windy, very windy.  For those from Lethbridge it was just like any normal day, oh how you should move to the promised land in British Columbia.  Anyways, where was I?  Oh yeah something about wind and how much better B.C. is than Alberta.  I did some light stretching and headed off in the rain towards the "Bat Cave."  Cue the cheesy Batman music and KAPOW! 

I met up with Robin and he let me pick the route to run.  His only request "Since it is windy, let's run close to some houses so we are undercover."  Robin is such a pansy, so I took it upon myself to help him toughen up.  I took us away from all the buildings to get the full brunt of the wind and the rain.  We ran around the high school showing off to all the juvenile delinquents that go to school at 5:45 in the morning.  It was a good run and we knew that the reason people were staring at us was because of our intense workout, and it had absolutely nothing to do with the fact that we were actually dressed up as Batman and Robin.

Thursday evening I had a Slow Pitch game to go to.  I put in a Slow Pitch team this year, because I was slow.  This was our 5th game, we were 1-3 coming in.  But I had been running recently, and there was a noticeable improvement in my speed and jump.  By jump I mean the fact that I could now go 0 to 60 in 4.5 seconds, they started to call me Ferrari.  Honestly though, I felt so much better just playing Slow Pitch, several people actually commented on how quick I was moving.  I must have been really slow previously.  Of course we won with a workout king like myself on the team. 

On Friday we went for a longer run yet again.  We also pushed the pace, which was a nice change.  We are continually running farther and faster everyday, which is wonderful.  On my way home I picked some lilacs for my wife.  Now before you actually think I am a nice guy, it was Peter's idea, he did it for his wife Thursday morning.  This guy is a show off wonderful person, he is pretty much Chris O Donnell in some really awkward outfit.  I am more a Val Kilmer, than a George Clooney.  Friday was also the last day of early morning seminary until September, so next week after my run I will be hitting up the bow flex for a little while.

Obligatory awkward thought:  " I'm Bulimic"  "You can read minds?"

P.S. I am not actually bulimic, neither is it a joke.  Be happy with your body and who you are.

2 comments:

Mr. Boehmer said...

Kevin reading your blogs inspires me to don the cape of the crusader and vanquish the evil that is hanging around my sides and causing air to come in gasps. Continue on my friend...my captain... my king.. until the white city calls you home..

When you're this big, they call you Mr. said...

I would have followed you to the depths of Mordor.