Search This Blog

Wednesday 18 May 2011

May 18, 2011

Yesterday after work I went to the local running shoe store.  My birthday is coming up, so as a birthday present I decided to buy some running shoes and drop some of that extra jelly filling I have gathered over the last few years.  I tried on a few different pairs of shoes, some wonderful, some not so much.  I narrowed it down to two pairs, some Asics Gel Cumulus 11, which were really comfortable feeling, and some Nike Air Pegasus 26, which were nice as well.   My decision was made easy, as soon as I realized the Nike shoes were 50% off.  Of course I chose the cheaper shoe. 

I decided that the next morning I would get up at 5:30 a.m. and go for an early morning run.  I set my alarm for 5:30, and got up promptly at 5:55 a.m.  I stepped outside to hear the beautiful singing of birds.  I had my new shoes on, ready to roll.  I started off.......What a stupid birthday present.

Up the hill I ran, like a frisky doe bounding up the mountainside, or a prancing Pepe Lapeau.  I made it all the way up the short hill before stopping to compose myself.  I composed myself for a short time before continuing my exciting journey.  The next section of my excursion including running slowly, slower, and slowest, all intermittently.   I tried to make sure that I was always composed, as composure is key to being a top notch runner. 

After the long run of 15 minutes, I returned and walked down the hill towards my humble abode.  I had made it.  I actually got up somewhat early in the morning to go for a run, I use the term loosely.  I pretty much qualify as a marathon runner.  Maybe I will run one in the near future..................

Or maybe I should wait to see if I get up for my run tomorrow morning before I commit to running a marathon.

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

Good for you Kevin! You have marathon man written all over you. I hope tomorrow is just as enjoyable as today- and don't forget to stretch before and after. Your body will thank you!

The Waltons said...

Kevin Boehmer! Love it. I remember when I started running in China, I would run the equivalent of maybe 3 blocks, and then have to stop and use my puffer. It was ridiculous. BUT, after a few months, I ran 7-10KM every morning and it felt great! Good luck!

Mr. Boehmer said...

We look forward to your next post! Or maybe post traumatic stress disorder?

When you're this big, they call you Mr. said...

Thanks for the words of encouragement you beautiful people.