Search This Blog

Saturday 11 August 2012

August 11, 2012

Last year I started running every morning and blogging about it.  There were two main objectives I attempted to reach; first to get into top physical shape, second to have a stress release for writing the UFE, to become a Chartered Accountant.

I had read that it was very stressful studying and writing the UFE, so I tried to have something else to do when it was overly stressful.  I stopped blogging and jogging for the most part as soon as studying began for my test, which was over an 8 week period.  It was very stressful.

Anyways I passed that test and became a Chartered Accountant, but I have regressed in my physical capabilities since then.  Thus it was time to get back in the proverbial saddle once again, but riding horses doesn't get you in shape, so I found my running shoes again.  That is right, I literally needed the help of my wife to find my shoes and it took a few days.  Sadly, it has been awhile.

I went for my first structured jog on Tuesday morning.  Jogging sucks.  I have a new area to jog, as I have moved since I last blogged, jogged, dogged, frogged, hogged, bodogged, pogged, logged, something else-ogged.  This new area has plenty of hills to jog up, so I tried one right off the bat.  First I warmed up by jogging really slowly, or in other words jog-walking.  It doesn't necessarily help you get into top notch shape, but it is a start.

I was surprised at how fast I was able to go at times, and then reminded of how pathetic I have become with how short it would last.  I was not going to place at the Olympics.  I met a few friends along the jog, one of them saying that they couldn't find joy in jogging.  I agreed. 

I went jogging the next two mornings, or in other words 3 mornings in a row of pure sweaty hell.  I may need to pick up a jogging partner to help push the pace faster, harder, stronger.  Not necessarily like Christina Aguilera Stronger, but more like "stop being such a pansy and walking sometimes" stronger. 

I am still in that mindset of setting the good habit.  Get up in the morning, go for a run -  Ok, check.  Push yourself hard with some interval running - Ummm, yes I alternate between walking, jog-walking and almost jogging.   Sweat profusely because you are pushing yourself so hard - sweat yes, push hard not so much.

Oh jogging once again, I sure feel like Calvin's crazy dad from Calvin and Hobbes.  Always getting up on a Saturday to ride his bike or something.  I don't really know why I feel like Calvin's dad.  This is awkward...

Tune in occasionally to hear me discuss getting into tip top shape, so I can a wear a tip top suit from Tip Top Tailors, while I act out tip Top Gun.  Even though Tom Cruise is a little off nowadays, Maverick rocked in that movie.



2 comments:

Mr. Boehmer said...

We should train together for the NBL draft combine of 2013. 250 dollars to register to attend the draft combine and tryout for the only professional basketball league in Canada.

When you're this big, they call you Mr. said...

That is awesome, nothing like a little motivation